EqualityMaine is Maine's oldest and largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) political advocacy organization. Our members and supporters hail from every region of the state, brought together by a common goal: making equality a reality for all citizens.
We work to secure full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in the state through political action, education, and collaboration. We envision a Maine in which lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and their families have full equality in the hearts and minds of Maine people, and in all areas of the law.
- To secure full marriage equality for all Maine families.
- To build political power for the LGBT community.
- To ensure that Maine’s hate crimes laws are LGBT inclusive.
- To ensure that Maine’s civil rights laws are LGBT inclusive.
- To ensure that Maine’s family laws, including marriage, are LGBT inclusive.
- To defeat anti-LGBT legislation and referenda.
- To repeal anti-LGBT laws and statutes.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1951, Portland, ME 04104
Physical Location: 550 Forest Avenue, Suite 201, Portland, ME 04103
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org